Planning for the elderly focuses on the needs of the fastest growing demographic of the U.S. population. It includes areas such as Medicaid and asset protection planning, disability planning, advice regarding long-term care policies, and end-of-life decision-making.
The good news is that modern medicine and healthier lifestyles make it possible for us to live longer than expected. The bad news is that physical longevity can be accompanied by a host of challenges:
- Outliving our life savings
- Preserving our assets in the event of catastrophic long-term illness
- Maintaining control over our assets as we age
- Deciding whether or not to purchase long-term care insurance
- Qualifying for Medicaid
- Complying with the changing rules and laws pertaining to Medicaid
You do not have to face these issues alone. As attorneys who concentrate our practice on estate planning and asset protection planning, we are best equipped to assist you in meeting these challenges. During your first complimentary meeting, we will review all of these concerns as well others unique to your circumstances.